Cowboy quotes are some of the most colorful. Below are a few that you might enjoy.
- “Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction” – This is pretty obvious. A bull will charge you, a horse will kick you and a fool will just make your life miserable.
- If a cowboy was tired and wanted to squat down on his legs to rest, spurs would cut into his thighs. So the saying, “Don’t squat with your spurs on” was relevant for the time”.
- The saying, “Don’t judge people by their relatives” means take a person for who he/she is and don’t fault them for their family’s mistakes”.
- This saying has been changed with the times, but in the old west you may have heard it placed in this manner, “Behind every successful rancher is a wife who works in town”. In today’s times we say, “Behind every successful man their is a strong woman”. See how similar this one is?
- Ever hear the saying, “When you lose, don’t lose the lesson”. This means when you end up losing a game, bet, etc. Learn from your mistakes, so you have better you chances next time.
- The saying, “Talk slowly, think quickly” means to think quickly in any situation, but think hard about your words before saying them. Once you say something it is hard to take it back.
- Ever hear the saying. “Silence is Golden”? There is an older saying, “Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer”. These mean the same exact thing. Sometimes it is best to hold your tongue or draw more problems to yourself. Read the rest of this entry